Thursday, December 3, 2009

The King is dead! Long live the King!

Okay, calm down, nobody is dead. But my blog has undergone a metamorphosis, changing from High Velocity Marketing to Kinetic Spark Marketing. The reason for the change is two-fold. First, as I re-energize my consulting practice after an ill-advised return to a corporate position, I wanted to convey the energy and enthusiasm that I've regained from this change. Many of my clients are small start up scale businesses and it is becoming clear that many people are following the entrepreneur's path because they've been laid off (no euphemisms here, like "downsized" or "rightsized". puh-lease) or because they have little faith in the myth of stability within the typical corporation and have taken their fate into their own hands (bravo!). So for me, business is looking up.

The other reason for the change is that over the course of operating under the V~Squared (V2) brand I found that many people didn't get what it was supposed to mean (velocity squared...making things happen fast. Oh, never mind.) So like any good marketer, I embraced the lesson and made a change.

Of course, I also think that "Kinetic Spark" just sounds good, too. And as our mission changes slightly, now offering a full array of marketing services, in effect becoming our client's marketing department located someplace else, it was time to recast the brand. But like any good marketer, I'll keep an eye on the new brand's performance and see how it goes.

Our new site, www.kineticspark.com, should be up by the new year! Check us out when you get a sec.

No comments:

Post a Comment